Welcome to Wintons Fishery and thank you for joining season 2021-22
Please read through the following information thoroughly which is provided for your safety, benefit and enjoyment and also for the welfare of our fish.
MEMBERSHIP Each year the rules are updated so it is essential that you read our rules thoroughly before fishing. Rules and maps can also be found on the website in the office and in the Wendy House
Head BAILIFF Stu and his team are always on hand for advice on the best spots, bait and tactics. Please don’t be shy in asking them. We are a very friendly Fishery and our team and members are a helpful bunch. If you get snagged up or a fish is distressed or damaged please let the office know immediately so we can take the appropriate action. EMERGENCY only out of office number for Stu 07443 602372 Harry 07518 794738 Paula 07771 641885
Rules: this is a summary of the most important. All rules can be found on the website.
1. Sessions run from 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am. Please be ready to leave at your designated time. PM starts please arrive after 5pm no earlier.
2. BARBLESS Hooks Only
3. 50” Landing net minimum
4. Extra Large unhooking mat 180cm and/Large or XL cradle (optional)
5. Dip Nets Mats Slings and Bait Boats on every visit. CCTV is over the net dip tank
6. Rig checks are made regularly and randomly.
7. Abusing rules will result in a ban with no refunds.
8. Environment agency licence to be purchased before fishing.
The following information is to be used in conjunction with the Fishery rules
SAFETY of our members is paramount.
1. Please take the greatest care when driving in and out of the complex and note the maximum 5mph speeding rule at all times.
2. Remember we have DEEP WATER which is dangerous if care and common sense are not used. We are all responsible for our own safety.
3. Take care on uneven ground – use steps not slopes and wear appropriate footwear at all times
4. Please use head torches during twilight and darkness.
5. Please take a few moments to familiarise yourself with the maps of where buoyancy aids are located on the complex.
6. Our boats are for the use of the bailiffs only.
7. Juniors under 18 are forbidden to move around the site without adult supervision.
NET DIP You may not be aware that regularly there is an outbreak of KHV in our area and the rest of the UK. To help prevent the spread of this awful disease between fisheries it is essential you dip your nets mats and slings BEFORE going to find your swim. Even if you only fish at Wintons please do it on every visit. It’s a good example for anybody watching you who doesn’t know this. We are very strict on this rule there is CCTV watching and anybody walking past the 2 tanks in the car park without dipping their gear will have their membership revoked.
PHOTOGRAPHS We look forward to receiving the photos of your catches. Please fill in all captures in the record book in the Wendy House this enables us to see the health and weight gain during a season and over the years. If you Whatsapp pics to us you have a chance in our monthly draw of 24 hours free fishing! And of course go on the wall of fame to our 10K plus followers on FB! 07771 641885
Or bring your camera card into the Office so we can download them.
RIG CHECKS Are carried out daily on a random basis please don’t be offended to reel in. Please be aware that if you are caught breaking the rules you will be asked to leave immediately.
MAINTENANCE is always an ongoing job. Please let us know if any parts of the complex need attention.
We stock a good range of freezer bait including Mainline Dynamite and Sticky Baits. We stock pellet, particle dips and lugs and bulk orders can be placed for a discount. Stu and the team are available to let you know what is working at the time.
Smaller items such as gas cannisters, cold drinks, chocolate and batteries can be purchased in the shop.
Competitions: A club atmosphere at Wintons make our competitions great fun. We will be posting dates on the website soon. Let us know if you’d like to put your name down.
FACILITIES at Wintons include:
1. A microwave, fridge, freezer and kettle in the Wendy House
2. Power point for charging phones (left at your own risk) In the Wendy House
3. A token for hot water in the shower can be obtained free of charge in the office.
4. Please leave the toilet and shower in good order.
5. We have large red bins in the car park for rubbish. Please don’t dump your broken bivvies etc in our bins take them home.
Ring the Fishery between 9-5 Monday to Saturday and 9-1 on a Sunday. 01444 236493. If the answer phone is on please leave a message and we will get back to you by the end of the day. Each member is responsible for their own booking/cancellation, group bookings made by one person will not be taken. We have limited swims and we are guaranteeing you a space, so if you don’t turn up you will be charged. 48 hours notice required for cancellations but we appreciate as much notice as possible to try and fill the space.
1.Choose which lake
2.Check availability for your start and finish date am/pm
3.Provide full name and membership number
4.On arrival if the office is closed either post your tariff money through the letterbox in the car park or come in and see us between 9am-5pm on your first day.
5.DIP nets mats and slings
6. Choose your swim
7. Start fishing and good luck!
The Wintons Team